7-11 Day Spring/Fall Trips
PASSPORT NEEDED FOR ALL TRIPS
Alijos Rocks, A Prime 7-11 Day Destination
Target species on these trips are Bluefin Tuna, Yellowfin Tuna, Dorado, Yellowtail, Wahoo, Grouper and Pargo. these trips give the angler the opportunity to angle for many varieties of fish.
SUGGESTED ITEMS TO BRING
7 -11 DAY SPRING/FALL TRIP PREPARATION
The following list of gear will help you prepare for the trip. It is by no means a complete list – and some may consider it to be more than needed. A big part of the service we offer is to make sure our passengers are as prepared as possible. Of course, if you have any questions, please feel free to call us at (619) 226-8030 and we'll be happy to assist you in planning for your adventure!
RODS AND REELS
For 7 - 11 Day Spring/Fall trips, here is a list of some suggested rods and reels that would be useful to have. There are several variations on model numbers and type of Rods and Reels. We’ve listed the model #’s that we feel work best. Your favorite California saltwater Tackle Store can assist you in comparable products if you wish. If you need the name and phone number of a reputable Tackle Store near you, please give us a call.
For 7 - 11 Day Spring/Fall trips, here is a list of some suggested Terminal Tackle that would be useful to have. We’ve listed the model #’s that we feel work best. Your favorite California saltwater Tackle Store can assist you in comparable products if you wish. If you need the name and phone number of a reputable Tackle Store near you, please give us a call.
* DUFFEL BAGS – Considered best for storage, and for dirty laundry.
PANTS Bring a change for each day. Light material is best.
SHIRTS You may need 1 or 2 each day. If you’re sun sensitive, long sleeves are in order. Light fabric for quick drying and coolness in warm weather. Sweatshirts are handy for nights and cool weather.
SOCKS Yes! The more the better. At least a pair for each day. SHORTS For those hot sultry summer days. UNDIES Don’t forget them!
JACKET For those cool fishing nights and cooler weather. SNEAKERS Bring 2 pair so you’ll always have a dry spare.
* RUBBER BOOTS – one pair of short, comfortable boots.
* HAT – Wide brim, baseball caps, foreign legion. Think Sun protection.
* LIGHT RAIN GEAR – Very seldom used, but appreciated when it rains.
* SUN GLASSES – Polarized to cut the glare. Security straps will prevent loss over the side.
* TOILETRIES – Bath towels, shampoo, soap, razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
* TOOLS – Dykes (cross cutting pliers) duck bill pliers, holder and belt, hook sharpener.
* ROD BELTS – A personal choice as to what is most comfortable for you. Brands: Ripoff’s, Tanaguchi, Braid, Smitty. There are several sizes and a wide price range. (Available for rent at Fisherman’s Landing)
* RUBBER GLOVES – For handling your catch at the end of trip.
* HAY HOOK – for dragging fish around the dock.
* ENTERTAINMENT – Use the travel time to catch up on that favorite book. We have a great selection of DVD’s, but you’re more than welcome to bring one or two along to share.
* WRITING MATERIAL – Notebook, stationary, pens and pencils for making notes on what to bring next trip (and what to leave behind.) Keep a daily journal of the action – it will add to your photos.
* PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP – We do not clear customs on these trips. However, you will be officially visiting a foreign country. Every passenger must have a valid passport.
* SEA SICK MEDICATION & REMEDIES – Check with your Physician for preferred method of prevention (Transderm patches are back! These appear to be highly successful.) There are several over-the-counter products that are very effective. Your local Pharmacist would be another excellent source for recommendations.
Line Size 200# Spectra (800 yards) topped with 25 feet of 100# Mono Rod Size 6465XXH or 760H Reel Size Accurate 50W, Penn 50SW, or Shimano 50W
Line Size 135# Spectra (700 yards) topped with 25 feet of 80# Mono Rod Size 6455XXH or 6455XH With Roller guides Reel Size Accurate 50, Penn 50 International, or Shimano 50
Line Size 80# Spectra (700 yards) topped with 25 feet of 60# Mono Rod Size 6465H or 760M Cal Star Grafighter Reel Size Accurate 20, Shimano TLD30, Penn 30T (all 2 speeds)
Line Size 50# Mono Rod Size 6465H, GF700H, or GF700XH Reel Size Accurate 665H, Accurate B-Z 870 Penn 4/0 with Yellowtail conversion Kit, Newell 540 or 533, with 4:6 gear ratio
Line Size 40# Mono Rod Size 665H, 670, or 610 Reel Size Accurate 665, Accurate BZ-870, Penn 555GS, or Newell 533
Line Size 30# Mono Rod Size 670, 870, 865XH, or 970 Reel Size Accurate 865, Penn 500, Newell 338, or Shimano 30 Trinidad
* Preferred brands of Rods are Cal Star, Cal Star Grafighter, Seeker Black Steel Graphite and Seeker Classic E Glass.
* All Reels should have light weight Aluminum spools. Accurate and Newell are best.
* Preferred brand of line is Izorline (Blue only)
* Preferred brands of spectra are Line One or Blackwater
* Preferred brand of Flourocarbon is Blackwater
There are several variations on model numbers and type of Rods and Reels. We’ve listed the model #’s that we feel work best. Your favorite California saltwater Tackle Store can assist you in comparable products if you so desire. If you need the name and phone number of a reputable Tackle Store near you, please call us.
Mustad 94150, Bronze Finish
Size:1/0 Quantity: 24 Size:2/0 Quantity: 24 Size:4/0 Quantity: 48 Size:6/0 Quantity: 48 Size:9/0 Quantity: 24
Mustad 7691 Big Game
Size: 7/0 Quantity: 10 Size: 9/0 Quantity: 10
Size: 16/0 Quantity 8
Size: 5/0 Quantity: 15 Size: 7/0 Quantity: 15
MACKEREL CATCHING RIGS
Owner Octopus 4 Hook – Model #5525-075 Quantity: 6
SQUID CATCHING RIGS
2 Mid or Large size (May come in handy)
LEADER & BACKING MATERIAL
* 1 leader wheel (30ft) of 150lb Izorline, or Maxima
1 1 lb. Spools of most commonly used: 30#, 40#, 50# & 60# Blue only.
Sliding 2oz,4oz Quantity: 5 Each Torpedo 4oz, 8oz, 12oz, & 16oz Quantity: 5 each.
2 Each Catchy Bombs Single Hook 3 Each 6X Jr. Heavy Chrome Single hook 3 Each Blue/White Single hook 3 Each Scrambled Egg Single hook
Several brands can be used with outstanding results. Salas , Burns Bombs, Tady and Hopkins are our favorites. For Tuna and Wahoo, single hooks are a must. Trebles are fine for other fish such as Yellowtail. When deciding on lures, it is sometimes best to wait and consult the personnel at Fisherman?s Landing Tackle Department, prior to your trip. They have current information and know what’s working.
Catchy Tackle Larch Jett 1 Each Zuker or Sevenstrand Clones (Albacore Size) 1 Each Zucchini 1 Each Marauder or Flash Dancer (Single hook) 1 Each S/S Double Hooks 2 Each
27# Seven Strand 1 30ft Spool (A-1 Sleeves) 40# Seven Strand 2 30 ft. Spools (A-2 Sleeves) 90# Seven Strand 2 30 ft. Spools (A-3 Sleeves) 275# Seven Strand 2 30 ft. Spools (A-7 Sleeves)
No Mono-coated wire
A-1 Seven Strand 24 A-2 Seven Strand 30 A-3 Seven Strand 30 A-7 Seven Strand 24
1 pair Crimping Pliers (Hi Seas are best)
RINGS – Heavy duty welded wire type Size 5 24 Size 7 24
4/0 McMahon (Black) Quantity: 2 Dozen
Wood, Plastic or Soft-Pacs to store your Tackle.