3-6 DAY SUMMER TRIPS
PASSPORT NEEDED FOR ALL TRIPS!
These trips generally start in late May and are quite productive through the end of December. Trips will fish offshore for Bluefin and Yellowtail tuna, and Dorado.
The 3-6 day trips could fish up to 400 miles south of San Diego and include, Guadalupe Islands. The size of the fish caught can vary from 10 - 350 pounds.
SUGGESTED ITEMS TO BRING
3-6 DAY SHORT TRIP PREPARATION
The following list of gear will help you prepare for the trip. It is by no means a complete list – and some may consider it to be more than needed. A big part of the service we offer is to make sure our passengers are as prepared as possible. Of course, if you have any questions, please feel free to call us at (619) 226-8030 and we'll be happy to assist you in planning for your adventure!
RODS AND REELS
For 3 - 6 Day Summer trips here is a list of some suggested rods and reels that would be useful to have. There are several variations on model numbers and type of Rods and Reels. We’ve listed the model #’s that we feel work best. Your favorite California saltwater Tackle Store can assist you in comparable products if you wish. If you need the name and phone number of a reputable Tackle Store near you, please give us call.
For 3 - 6 Day Summer trips here is a list of some suggested Terminal Tackle that would be useful to have. We’ve listed the model #’s that we feel work best. Your favorite California saltwater Tackle Store can assist you in comparable products if you wish. If you need the name and phone number of a reputable Tackle Store near you, please give us a call.
* DUFFEL BAGS – Considered best for storage, and for dirty laundry.
PANTS Bring a change for each day. Light material is best.
SHIRTS You may need 1 or 2 each day. If you’re sun sensitive, long sleeves are in order. Light fabric for quick drying and coolness in warm weather. Sweatshirts are handy for nights and cool weather.
SOCKS Yes! The more the better. At least a pair for each day. SHORTS For those hot sultry summer days. UNDIES Don’t forget them!
JACKET For those cool fishing nights and cooler weather. SNEAKERS Bring 2 pair so you’ll always have a dry spare.
* RUBBER BOOTS – one pair of short, comfortable boots.
* HAT – Wide brim, baseball caps, foreign legion. Think Sun protection.
* LIGHT RAIN GEAR – Very seldom used, but appreciated when it rains.
* SUN GLASSES – Polarized to cut the glare. Security straps will prevent loss over the side.
* TOILETRIES – Bath towels, shampoo, soap, razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
* TOOLS – Dykes (cross cutting pliers) duck bill pliers, holder and belt, hook sharpener.
* ROD BELTS – A personal choice as to what is most comfortable for you. Brands: Ripoff’s, Tanaguchi, Braid, Smitty. There are several sizes and a wide price range. (Available for rent at Fisherman’s Landing)
* RUBBER GLOVES – For handling your catch at the end of trip.
* HAY HOOK – for dragging fish around the dock.
* ENTERTAINMENT – Use the travel time to catch up on that favorite book. We have a great selection of DVD’s, but you’re more than welcome to bring one or two along to share.
* WRITING MATERIAL – Notebook, stationary, pens and pencils for making notes on what to bring next trip (and what to leave behind.) Keep a daily journal of the action – it will add to your photos.
* PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP – We do not clear customs on these trips. However, you will be officially visiting a foreign country. Every passenger must have a valid passport.
* SEA SICK MEDICATION & REMEDIES – Check with your Physician for preferred method of prevention (Transderm patches are back! These appear to be highly successful.) There are several over-the-counter products that are very effective. Your local Pharmacist would be another excellent source for recommendations.
Line Size 80# Rod Size 6455XXH or 6455XH With Roller guides Reel Size Accurate 50, Penn 6/0, Penn 50 International, or Shimano TLD50
Line Size 60# Rod Size 6465H or 760M Cal Star Grafighter Reel Size Accurate 30, Shimano TLD30, Penn 30T, (2 speed’s)
Line Size 50# Rod Size 6460H, 6455H or BT50 Cal Star Grafighter Reel Size Accurate 665H, Accurate B-Z 870, Penn 4/0 Yellowtail Special, or Shimano Trinidad 40
Line Size 30# Rod Size 670H or 865XH Reel Size Accurate 865, Penn 500, Diawa SL30, or Newell 338
* Preferred brands of Rods are Calstar Grafighter, Calstar, Seeker Black Steel Graphite and Seeker Classic E Glass. * All Reels should have light weight Aluminum spools. Accurate and Newell are best. * Preferred brand of line is Izorline (Blue only) * Preferred brands for Spectra line are Line One or Blackwater * Preferred brand for Flourocarbon is Blackwater
There are several variations on model numbers and type of Rods and Reels. We’ve listed the model #’s that we feel work best. Your favorite California saltwater Tackle Store can assist you in comparable products if you wish. If you need the name and phone number of a reputable Tackle Store near you, please call us.
Mustad 94150, Bronze Finish
Size: 1/0 Quantity: 24 Each Size: 2/0 Quantity: 24 Each Size: 4/0 Quantity: 24 Each Size: 6/0 Quantity: 24 Each Size: 9/0 Quantity: 24 Each
Owner Gorilla, for bigger Bluefin offshore & Guadalupe Yellowtail
Size: 2/0 Quantity: 12 Each Size: 3/0 Quantity: 12 Each Size: 4/0 Quantity: 12 Each
Size: 4/0 Quantity: 15 Each Size: 5/0 Quantity: 15 Each
MACKEREL CATCHING RIGS
4 Each Owner Octopus 4 Hook – Model #5525-075
1 Each 1# Spool of most commonly used: 30#, 40#, 50# & 60# Blue only
Sliding 2oz, 4oz, 6 Each Torpedo 4oz, 6oz, 8oz, 12oz 6 Each Split Shot PSS-2 (good for Albacore) 2 Bag
SALAS 6X, SALAS 6X Jr. 2 Each
Assorted colors: Chrome, blue/white, green/yellow, etc. Treble and single hooks. When deciding on lures, it is sometimes best to wait and consult the personnel at Fisherman’s Landing Tackle Department, prior to your departure. They have current information and know what’s working.
Catchy Tackle Little Jett 1 Each One Trolling Strap Zuker or Sevenstrand Clones Mexican Flag 1 Each Zucchini 1 Each S/S Double Hooks 2 Each
BASS LURES: A selection of: Scampies, Leadheads, Mojos, Scroungers, etc.