Choose your screen resolution: Auto adjust 800x600 1024x768

Find us on Facebook

Recent Photos

mmsblog_00821_05.jpg
New Spot,still tough (2/16/13)
We started fishing at our new locale around 5 AM this morning and there are at least 2 guys who were glad we made the move. Koi Marcucelli hooked up on a sardine right off the bat and landed an 221. For Koi it was the hat trick... First fish over 150, which won him a Calstar blank, first fish to hit the deck which won him a jig, and for now the biggest fish on board. Walt Howard was first up on the kite and got bit immediately and landed a 201. Wow, were we excited with the quick action on super sized fish! I'll cut to the chase, we ended up with a total of 9 tuna for the day. Bob Michener, our Accurate rep got a 183 and the rest of the fish were from around 60 to 120. Gail Lynch was particularly hot catching 3 of the 9 total. So fishing wise it was a pretty tough day. Whale watching on the other hand was superb, so good that Big D said they'd have to add a whale watching surcharge on to the trip. Only kidding of course, but it may have been worth it for the spectacular show. We'll probably sit tight for the remainder of the trip and there's lots of time for fish to turn on so all we can do is be ready and continue to fish hard. Weather is much, much nicer with hardly enough wind for kite flying and temperatures high enough to lose the jackets and in some cases shirts.

POEM OF THE DAY
The blind guy started to wail
"I've looked but to no avail
It just makes me sick
I can't read Moby Dick
But the pale whale's tale's not in Braille."

Newsflash

Royal Polaris now has FREE WIFI

NEW MEXICAN REGULATIONS AS OF TUESDAY JULY 26, 2011  PASSENGERS, ON ALL TRIPS,  MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT