Choose your screen resolution: Auto adjust 800x600 1024x768

Find us on Facebook

Recent Photos

mmsblog_00024_04.jpg
Day 2 (2/13/13)
If you slept in, your catch was thin! No that's not the poem of the day, it just pretty well sums up the tuna action today. The bite went off around 4:30 this morning with tuna biting jigs and weighted sardines actively. Before the sun came up we had around 20 of the 27 total tuna caught for the day. Gail Lynch got the best one of the bite on a skip jack and it tipped the scales at 218. Later in the morning Terry Hite caught a matching 218 on a sardine. There was a Calstar rod up for grabs today for the biggest fish, and since Terry and Gail were in a dead heat for the prize, Bob from Accurate magnanimously awarded them both a new stick. Mike Otahal around mid morning got a 197 off the kite which is his personal best. He lost a bait fish later in the day that may have been even larger. Three of the tuna were from 150 to 197 and besides the two over 200, the rest were 80 to 120. We also picked up another 18 wahoo for the day, some trolling and some on anchor. Fishing was good enough for us to stay put for now but after the morning flurry is was extremely hard to pick up a tuna. Wind continues to blow fairly hard and steady but we're getting use to it. The final chapter of the day is yet to be written. Roger Hawtree got bit on a mackerel several hours ago, long before we began and have now finished a fabulous sushi buffet. He is still fighting it as I write and unless I want to stay up till midnight you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out what it is(was). He had it almost in sight at one point only to have it run so far so fast that the back up rod almost was used. We're still holding out hope it's a tuna but if so it is incredibly strong. I'll let you know when I do.

POEM OF THE DAY
The tuna just grinned when we gaffed her
And continued to smirk even after
Steam packed in tin
Real hysterics begin
I guess you'd call that "canned" laughter.

Newsflash

Royal Polaris now has FREE WIFI

NEW MEXICAN REGULATIONS AS OF TUESDAY JULY 26, 2011  PASSENGERS, ON ALL TRIPS,  MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT